- Isolate and sequentially purify total RNA and DNA from a single sample
- Two-column system: one for DNA and one for RNA
- The RNA column is for the purification of total RNA, including microRNA.
- No need to split the lysate or use phenol or precipitation methods
- Fast and efficient spin column procedure – only takes 30 minutes
- Purification is based on spin column chromatography using Norgen’s proprietary resin separation matrix.
RNA/DNA purification kits
These kits provide a rapid method for the isolation and sequential purification of total RNA and DNA from a single sample of cultured animal cells and tissues, blood, bacteria, yeast, or fungi. The lysate is passed over two columns: 1) a DNA column and 2) an RNA column. Total RNA of all sizes, including microRNA, is purified. Both DNA and RNA are of the highest purity and yield.
These kits are ideal for researchers who are interested in studying the genome and transcriptome of a single sample, for example, for microRNA profiling studies, gene expression, including gene-knocking or mRNA-knockdown experiments, studies involving the discovery of biomarkers and for the characterization of cultured cell lines.
Norgen RNA/DNA Purification Kits are especially useful for researchers isolating macromolecules from precious, difficult-to-obtain, or small samples, such as biopsy materials or single foci from cell culture, by eliminating the need for sample fractionation. In addition, the analysis will be more reliable since the RNA and DNA are derived from the same sample, thus eliminating inconsistent results. The purified macromolecules are of the highest purity and can be used in a number of different downstream applications.
RNA/DNA Purification Micro kit
Purified RNA and DNA fractions can be eluted in as little as 20 μL. Ideal for 500,000 cell number entries and as few as 5 cells. The maximum binding capacity of the column of 35 μg for RNA and 10 μg for DNA